Thursday, December 13, 2007

Auspicious Beginnings


Chaim circa 2007
Originally uploaded by Chaim Gingold
Aha! The interweb. I feelt like it bein over ten years since I seen what them internets can do, what all those young kids what with their myspaces, flickers, and digital nick-nacks are twittering and flittering about.

When I was younger, if you wanted to post something on the web, you had to use unix, a text editor, manage a dns server, and, in short, endure all manner of technical hardships. And the results looked bad. Now it's so easy, I'm doing it by accident. flickr and blogspot deserve a joint nobel prize for today. I'm in love with technology all over again. Now if someone can just get the super fancy 1980's era "copy and paste" technology working in this text box, then we'll be totally good to go.

2 comments:

John said...

No comments yet?? Has the intarweb not yet discovered the defacement options presented by a pristine new blog? So sad. You're not even trying, intarwebs! *sniff* You're not even trying...

Chaim Gingold said...

Indeed! Well, if I'm to fill my part of the bargain, I suppose I should post something. Maybe I have a tale of woe about moving out of my apartment brewing... soon.